Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a pioneer carrozzeria and its in Japanese and want to…

Customer Question
Hi there I have...

Hi there I have a pioneer carrozzeria and its in Japanese and want to change it to English how do I do that

Mechanic's Assistant: What does the display look like?

Car button simble in the middle volume buttons on left

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the manual for your unit? Is this the original unit, or an aftermarket one?

I'm not 100% sure sorry just got the car and we are first owners in nz

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Nah just want to change the language and does it cost for me to talk to someone about it ? :) thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi there yes will prbally be easier over the phone thanks
Its a Avic-hrz900
11/27/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Louie, Car Electronics Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Car Electronics Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, is factory/originally installed on a JDM vehicle (Japan Domestic model)?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

If yes, then as the car is intended for the local Japanese market, then there is no need hence no option for an English language feature.

Most headunits that are factory installed on JDMs can not be modified for English language use.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.