Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I want to ditch my factory sub in a 2006 Range Rover sport…

Customer Question
i want to ditch my...
i want to ditch my factory sub in a 2006 Range Rover sport with HK prem system.
The factory sub is dual voice coil
I am putting in a aftermarket amp and Sony sub along with a audio control LOC .
Can I just disconnect the 4 wires from the factory sub and connect them to the LOC
Thanks
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
Anyone there
11/26/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Pete, Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does the audio control LOC have speaker input connections?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Ya it’s got speaker input 2 channel then rca out put to amp

O.k., the problem is that the speaker wiring is already amplified.If the audio control LOC can handle amplified input then you can use these inputs.If it cannot you would need to see a stereo install facility to see if they have or can get an adapter to reduce the amplified feed into the LOC.Usually, there is an adapter that can be purchased that may be used to do this.An audio install facility would know what will work to make this work properly.You don't want to damage the factory amp or radio or the LOC so the only way to be sure is to see if the LOC can handle an amplified input to see if an adapter is needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete