Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I can hear the collars but the colors can’t hear me and it…

Customer Question
I can hear the collars...
I can hear the collars but the colors can’t hear me and it was working fine I don’t know if this is an issue between Apple or what but I have the new eight and ever since I got that at work for a couple days and then it stopped it would even ring so I re paired it and I can hear the calls come in now I can hear the people talking but no talk from me.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Pete, Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this an issue in the vehicle it is connected to?

Was this an issue with an older model phone in your vehicle?

Let me know,thanks Pete

No it wasn’t an issue with the older model phone at happen when the updates started happening for the iOS am I don’t know what’s going on it’s it’s it sounds fine everything is working fine on the stero it’s brand new.

O.k.,what usually happens is an update doesnt match with the software in the vehicle or the vehicles bluetooth system.This is a common fault I have seen before.You would need to visit the dealer or if this is an after market blue tooth system you would need to visit with the facility that did the after market install to see if they can check and perform an update.In some cases hardware has to be changed to match the new software.I have had to actually replace bluetooth adapters and radios in some cases for issues like this here.

But updated programming needs to be checked first to see if any updated programming is available to resolve this.Unfortunately when these newer model phones come out and then updated software comes out this can cause this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

It’s the new Alpine it’s updated I did take it to the dealer yesterday I drove from Palm Springs to Long Beach once again this is never been an issue with this it’s all brand new phone everything but the phone was the only thing that was changed so I don’t know what else to doYou like a picture of the stereo system

Since this occurred after the update it is either an issue with Apple's software and you may need to wait for another update or an issue with hardware with the Alpine system components.I have seen where the system will operate just fine and then all of a sudden an update comes through and causes an issue with the system operating to where the blue tooth adapter or system needs replaced or you may need to wait for an update to come through to resolve the fault.This wouldnt be the first time an update from Apple had issues and they had to release another update soon after to correct the issues.

I fly a drone using an apple ipad mini 2.It worked just fine until apple did an update at one point recently and now this ipad 2 has issues working with the drone and the only repair they offer is to upgrade to the new apple ipad mini 4.So as you can see these updates tend to cause issues with components operating properly or being fully compatible so it is very possible you need to wait for another update or contact Alpine to see if the system is compatible with apples newest update and what needs to be done to make it compatible again.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

It even happens with HDMI I plug in the HDMI it still doesn’t work

This does sound to be an issue related to the software update.You would have to contact Alpine to see if they know of the issue and to see if they have a resolution to it.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mechanic