Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

My DPX500BT has colors that keep rotating, I can't read the…

Customer Question
My DPX500BT has colors...

My DPX500BT has colors that keep rotating, I can't read the dark colors. How can I stop the colors when it is on yellow?

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

Jeep - 2012 Liberty, Kenwood is an after market installation.

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kenwood unit?

I've pushed every button and combinations of buttons. I had it before, but when the car was serviced I lost it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I can't get it to keep the AM station and I lost Serius MX - which I just paid for. Everytime I turn off the car I lose everything.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
11/25/2017
Car Electronics Technician: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The procedure to set the color can be found in section 12-1 of your radio owner's manual:

12-1. Illumination color selection

You can select the illumination color of the panel.

1Press and hold the [AUDIO] button.

Enter the Function setting mode.

2Use the [Control knob] to select "SETTINGS"

"DISP & KEY"

>

"COLOR SELECT".

For how to use the [Control knob], refer to

<3-3.

How to select the item> (page

13).

3 Use the [Control knob] to select a illumination

part.

Display

Part

"ALL"

All

"DISP"

Display

"KEY"

Button

4 Use the [Control knob] to select a color

("VARIABLE SCAN"/ "COLOR01" —

"COLOR24").

Exit the Function setting mode.

Press and hold the [6] button

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/992997/Kenwood-Dpx500bt.html?page=23#manual

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.