Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

In truck i have an aftermarket radio and a few weeks ago the…

Customer Question
Hi, In ky truck...

Hi, In ky truck i have an aftermarket radio and a few weeks ago the speakers started sounded blown. I just put new aftermarket speakers in today but it still has the same blown sound to them? any reason this could be

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Kicker 225W 6X8

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

So far i have replaced the speakers with the factory speakers but they still sound as if they are blown

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No that it is

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
I received aftermarket speakers but they still sound blown
11/24/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this.

It sounds to me like we may have an issue in the radio. The speakers all run out on separate circuits, so it should not be a wiring issue. The only thing the speakers have in common is the radio.

Are you able to try swapping back to the stock radio to test the sound? This will let us know if the radio has failed