Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have aportable xm boombox radio but I cant get any thing.

Customer Question
I have aportable xm...

I have aportable xm boombox radio but I cant get any thing

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Xm boombox radio

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I think it because my free trial has run out

Mechanic's Assistant: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like.

How much is it going to cost

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Car Electronic Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I think I am in the wrong place because it a xm boombox radio it plug into your wall for power

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
11/22/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 8 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

sorry for the delay.........
There are a number of XM "Boom Boxes" & the actual Model Number would be nice to know to give you the BEST answers to any questions you might have.
MOST XM "Boom Boxes" need the Satellite Antenna & a PAID Subscription from XM / Sirius to work.
IF you do NOT have a paid Subscription, you should be receiving a signal telling you about XM & a 800 number to subscribe
IF you are getting nothing, no sound or display, then you have a Antenna or Power issue

Let me know if you need further

.

??
Hello?