Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Vx7020 Jensen stereo with back-up camera. The camera works…

Customer Question
Vx7020 Jensen stereo with...

Vx7020 Jensen stereo with back-up camera. The camera works while the car is in reverse but does not automatically change over to camera when put in to reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Brand new reverse camera ESKY 135-05

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am just now installing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
There is a red wire on each end of the video cable that runs from the camera to the stereo. Do those need to be connected? If so, what do they connect to? I would guess the green/white on the stereo harness, but where does the other connect to?
11/20/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Thomas Tullo, Car Electronics Technician replied 7 months ago
Thomas Tullo
Thomas Tullo, Car Electronics Technician
Hi I'm Tom
There's a wire in back of stereo for reverse that needs to be conected to the reverse wire in car