Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Was trying to Program Grage Door Opener into New Car. Hit…

Customer Question
Was trying to Program...

Was trying to Program Grage Door Opener into New Car . Hit Status Button verse Learning and Opener complete shut down havr nothing/power . Tried putting plug out no reset ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

ISD 990

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

First time ever

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need it Operating again and programed into New Car

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
11/20/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Thomas Tullo, Car Electronics Technician replied 5 months ago
Thomas Tullo
Thomas Tullo, Car Electronics Technician
Hi I'm Tom
I will try and help you.
When you say shut down are you talking about the opener on garage?
WORTHLESS RESPONSE , I CANCEL AND I WILL not PAY FOR zero HELP
I can't help enless I know what's going on, most garage openers have a fuse in side. If you are programing a homelink in your car the best way is using your remote the garage door came with to program the home link. I have always used this method, you hold the two outer buttons for 30 seconds and that erase and programing that was present. Them hold the button you want to program for 10 seconds while pressing the remote that came with your opener. That's the best way. Or putting opener I'm program mode and pressing the button you want to program.
Thomas Tullo
Thomas Tullo