Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

My 1999 chevy blazer that I purchased used has a viper 3203…

Customer Question
My 1999 chevy blazer...

My 1999 chevy blazer that I purchased used has a viper 3203 remote starter, the I accidently set the alarm off, now Icant start the blazer

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Viper 3203 Directed Electronics

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started yesterday, I disconected the battery becase the alarm ran it down, I have tried to reset the key fob but failed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The dash lights flash for a while when I try to start the car

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
11/12/2017
Car Electronics Technician: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the alarm is truly the issue and it will not disarm with it's own fob then odds are the alarm module has failed and will need to be replaced, or the system removed from the vehicle.

Does the key fob actually work or is it not responsive?

The fob don't have any function, I have replaced the battery, I can't seem to find the vallet switch?
I accidentally set the alarm, grabbed the door handle, now it's not doing anything. The key will not turn the starter.
the system is viper,on the back of the fob reads RPN7153V, IC1513A-7153,FCCIDEZ8DE17153

Did the fob work correctly previous to this?

IF I COULD FIND THE VALLET SWITCH I THINK THAT MITE FIX IT.
THE COMPANY BEHIND VIPER AUTO SECURITY SYSTEMS IS DIRECTED ELECTRONICS.

That's not going to fix anything but it may allow the engine to start again without a function fob until you get that problem repaired. You'll just have to locate the alarm harness and search for the switch if the installer didn't hard mount it under the dash.

I CANT FIND ANY THING THAT TELLS ME WHO INSTALLED THE SYSTEM, CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME IDEA AS TO WHAT THE SWITCH MITE LOOK LIKE?

It will be a small rocker or push button switch.

I MAY HAVE TO TAKE SOME PANELS OFF UNDER THE DASH TO FIND IT, IF I DO FIND IT I WILL LET YOU KNOW. THANK FOR NOT REALLY HELPING ME VERY MUCH.

Unfortunately I don't have a way of knowing where the switch was left by the installer because I am not at the vehicle. It should have been mounted under the dash, the only one that would know where it was without looking for it is the person that installed it.

The switch was wired to the main VIPER box under the dashboard, I turned the switch off, but the key still will not start the BLAZER. Do you have any idea as to what I should try next?

Are you wanting to try and retain this system?

I just need to get my car started, I need it for my work.

But are you wanting to keep the alarm and try to repair the problem with it?

Not at this time. I have not been able to start the car for three days.

If you no longer want the alarm then the best thing to do would be to remove the alarm module and all wiring, and return all wiring and connections back to stock.

That sounds like a whole lot of time? Do I need to get some kind of wire diagram?

You don't need a wiring diagram, just need to locate the alarm module and it's wiring and remove everything.

Can I just unplug all the plugins?

Everything with the alarm needs to be removed and all factory wiring connections restored if they were altered.

Ok

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks for the help, I took the Viper out, there no need to rewire, I just clipped the splices where they were soldered, taped them up and started the BLAZER. Talk to you later.

You're welcome! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician