Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a 1989 Porsche CD-2 radio, made by Alpine. The radio…

Customer Question
Hello: I have a...

Hello: I have a 1989 Porsche CD-2 radio, made by Alpine. The radio works, but when I insert a CD, I can hear it spin, and then a few seconds later it spits the CD out. I have been told because of how old it is, and the fact that it was one of the first CD players, most do not work, and they are hard / impossible to fix. Is this a bad laser reader, can the CD part be replaced inside the car radio?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is an Alpine CD-2 radio, 1989

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

As long as I have owned the car. I have tried using a CD cleaner disc

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
Answered in 3 days by:
10/7/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Car Audio Rusty, Car Electronics Technician replied 10 months ago
Car Audio Rusty
Car Audio Rusty, Car Electronics Technician

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Do you still need help with this?