Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have an aftermarket backup camera for my 2012 GMC Sierra…

Customer Question
I have an aftermarket...

I have an aftermarket backup camera for my 2012 GMC Sierra and it gradually went out with no picture now, I can't find the manufacturer of the camera can you help

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Where would I find the exact make and model of the camera it has no markings, got it installed in Nov 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was getting a static picture that slowly went to nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
9/26/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 10 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

sorry for the delay............
There is no way to give you exact info, without Brand or Model Number, if it is Aftermarket, as there are 100's of Back Up Camera Brands.
Depending on where it is mounted (in handle, license frame, drilled hole, bracket, etc) you best bet would be to locate the same "type" from lookig to see how it is mounted & what wires are connected.

Many Local Car Stereo Shops, Auto Parts, WalMart, etc can typically sell you one for less than Repair.
Run the wires down to see if the Camera has a "long" cable or a short one that is plugged into the Cable by the Tail Gate or Spare Tire

Let me know if you need further