Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

How do i disable the anti theft system it is acting up. 97…

Customer Question
How do i disable...

How do i disable the anti theft system it is acting up

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

97 ford explorer

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For about 2 weeks i have reset it 2 dozen times

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes can i disable the system

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
9/26/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 10 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

for about 2 weeks i have reset it 2 dozen times
???
.

Is this Factory Alarm?
Is the "THEFT" Light ON when trying to start?

when you reset, does the vehicle Start & Run?

I haven't seen the theft light blinking, but everything shuts off as soon as I turn the key into start position. At first the malfunction was off and on now it's all the time.

sorry...cannot make calls or receive calls...

we can continue here & save you the phone charge
what do you mean by:
At first the malfunction was off and on now it's all the time

I at first a few weeks ago it would happen once in awhile and now it seems locked

IF this is Factory Alarm:
DISARM should be from Remote, or UNLOCK Driver or Passenger Door, or Trun Ignition ON with Key
Otherwise:

Be sure the Battery is FULLY Charged
IF not sure, connect Jumper or Charger
.
Locate the DARK GREEN / PURPLE (-) wire behind the Driver Kick Panel.
It is in the Harness that goes into the Driver Door
Ground the DARK GREEN / PURPLE (-) wire by connecting one end of a piece of wire to the DARK GREEN / PURPLE (-) wire
Connect the other end of the piece of wire to Ground - Frame / Body
This should DISARM the Factory Alarm

Let me know hwat you find

are you saying that i need to make sure the line is grounded
it is on the anti theft system

???
.

Please reread my Answer, as I posted "how to shut off the Factory Alarm"

Be sure the Battery is FULLY Charged
IF not sure, connect Jumper or Charger
.
This should DISARM the Factory Alarm

Let me know hwat you find

ok I will get back to you

Thank you........