Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I forget the pattern for my car dvd tablet, DRP2091, it isb…

Customer Question
I forget the pattern...

I forget the pattern for my car dvd tablet

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

DRP2091

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It isb it isn't a tv it's a tablet dvd combo for the movies in the car

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I put in the design when we first used it in my car, but when I went to use it this morning, it wanted the pattern again and I don't remember it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to reset the pattern so I can put a movie in for a roadtrip with my granddaughter

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
9/17/2017
Car Electronics Technician: ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you have forgotten the unlock pattern then you will need to reset the tablet:

1. With your tablet turned off, press and hold the volume up (+) button. While holding the volume up (+) button, press the tablet’s power button until you see the RCA logo with Nipper and Chipper on the screen. After a few seconds, the screen will change and you will see the Android bot on his back with a caution symbol above him.

2. Now you are going to press and hold the tablet’s power button, and without releasing the power button press down on the volume up (+) button.

3. Use the tablet’s volume up (+) and down (+) keys to navigate to and select the "wipe data/factory reset" option. To select this option, press the power button.

4. The tablet is going to ask you to confirm your selection. Use the tablet volume up (+) and down (-) keys to navigate to and select "Yes – delete all user data." Once again, use the power button to select this option.

5. At the bottom of the next screen, you will see "Data wipe complete." Press the power button to restart the system.

6. The system will begin to reboot and once again display the RCA logo with Nipper and Chipper. The next "Welcome" screen will prompt you to select your language of choice. Scroll through the options using your finger and press start when finished. Congratulations, you have successfully reset your tablet.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer