Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

2008 Hyndai Azera, stereo radio and disc player. Draws

Customer Question
2008 Hyndai Azera, stereo radio...
2008 Hyndai Azera, stereo radio and disc player. Draws current from battery when car is shut off. Takes two days to drain the whole battery.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 2008 Hyundi Azera
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Three months. Car at Ouirsman Hyundai for several weeks of troubleshooting and they determined that it was the radio draining the battery. They could not find a replacement for the radio and they don't have the expertise to fix the radio.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
9/14/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 2 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

sorry for the delay............

Not sure if Dealer tried to Update Software first, but it does sound like the Unit has a Internal issue, "unless" you have Aftermarket Equipment Installed.
Fuses "AUDIO 1" & "AUDIO 2" Power the Factory Radio, located in the Inside Fuse Panel
Click Attachment Below
IF the Unit is at fault, you could remove the Fuse that is powering the Unit after Key is Off.
NOTE: Those 2 Fuses also power other Components, so they need to be reinserted, prior to Starting Vehicle
The Fuses can affect the Door Locks when Fuses are out.
Be sure Inside Lights & other Components that stay on After Key is turned Off & Driver Door has NOT been opened, turn Off after apprx 10 minutes.
IF NOT or other Components stay ON "after" the Driver Door is opened, then the issue is not the Radio

Let me know if you need further

.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today.
Please reply and let me know why.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch