Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

RESET PASSWORD ON PIONEER ABIC-X8610BS

Customer Question

RESET PASSWORD ***** PIONEER ABIC-X8610BS
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help!

How long have you owned this? Do you know the current password? What steps have you already tried to reset the password?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have spoken with the dealership and they were unable to help...I need your assistance to override and reset unit. I have sent my credit card information twice and have yet to get an answer. The 30 minute reply has not been honored either. Thank you.
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Since 2014. There was no password ***** after the battery was replace the unit required a password ***** was not supplied
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

OK I'm going to need to do some research on this. Please give me a few minutes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you....this has been an inconvenience, I hope to have resolved today.
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

I see we're talking about the anti-theft password. There's no way for me to help you reset that, unfortunately. Neither would the dealer. The only way to reset that password ***** ***** visit a Pioneer-authorized service center. They need to look at the serial number of the unit to validate ownership (and that someone else hasn't reported it missing).

I can find the nearest servicer, if you'd like. Just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that would be very helpful is you could..
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

Sure. What's your zip code?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
29115
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

OK, checking.

Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

There isn't one close by. The nearest authorized dealer is Best Buy in Columbia, but they typically won't perform service issues like this. I would call them to ask...(###) ###-#### If they can't help, call Freeman's Car Stereo is Charlotte, NC. Their number is(###) ###-#### Both of those shops are dealers, not servicers.

As a last resort, the nearest servicer is actually in Florida. Their number is(###) ###-#### so you could call them, too. The business name is***** may have to ship the unit to get it reset. I know that's bad news, but the anti-theft code is actually encrypted and stored in the unit's memory... not something you want any old shop messing around with.

Sorry the news isn't better, but I hope it answers your question.