Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

RESET PASSWORD ON PIONEER ABIC-X8610BS

Customer Question
RESET PASSWORD ***** PIONEER ABIC-X8610BS...
RESET PASSWORD ***** PIONEER ABIC-X8610BS
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
9/12/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Dan T., Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help!

How long have you owned this? Do you know the current password? What steps have you already tried to reset the password?

I have spoken with the dealership and they were unable to help...I need your assistance to override and reset unit. I have sent my credit card information twice and have yet to get an answer. The 30 minute reply has not been honored either. Thank you.

Since 2014. There was no password ***** after the battery was replace the unit required a password ***** was not supplied

OK I'm going to need to do some research on this. Please give me a few minutes.

Thank you....this has been an inconvenience, I hope to have resolved today.

I see we're talking about the anti-theft password. There's no way for me to help you reset that, unfortunately. Neither would the dealer. The only way to reset that password ***** ***** visit a Pioneer-authorized service center. They need to look at the serial number of the unit to validate ownership (and that someone else hasn't reported it missing).

I can find the nearest servicer, if you'd like. Just let me know.

that would be very helpful is you could..

Sure. What's your zip code?

29115

OK, checking.

There isn't one close by. The nearest authorized dealer is Best Buy in Columbia, but they typically won't perform service issues like this. I would call them to ask...(###) ###-#### If they can't help, call Freeman's Car Stereo is Charlotte, NC. Their number is(###) ###-#### Both of those shops are dealers, not servicers.

As a last resort, the nearest servicer is actually in Florida. Their number is(###) ###-#### so you could call them, too. The business name is***** may have to ship the unit to get it reset. I know that's bad news, but the anti-theft code is actually encrypted and stored in the unit's memory... not something you want any old shop messing around with.

Sorry the news isn't better, but I hope it answers your question.