Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Can't get power to my Dual TBX10A Speaker. Have all cables…

Customer Question
Can't get power to...

Can't get power to my Dual TBX10A Speaker. Have all cables connected. Any suggestions.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Dual TBX10A. Just purchased it yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried to hook it up today. I haven't done any trouble shooting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/9/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Louie, Car Electronics Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Car Electronics Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check / replace the 15A fuse;
  • • test for consistent battery +12V at the (+)BATT terminal;
  • • ensure that the (-)GND is tied to a good vehicle body/frame ground;
  • • determine if there is a switched +12V at the REM terminal.

All others would be internal to the subwoofer.