Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

Kenwood flashing stby, KMR-M3158T, Reset, disconnect,

Customer Question
Kenwood flashing stby JA: What's the...
Kenwood flashing stby
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: KMR-M3158T
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Reset, disconnect, pressing NFC button
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
8/17/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Louie, Car Electronics Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Car Electronics Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, might it perhaps be a Kenwood KMR-M315BT?

Still and if it is,let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • verify always available BAT+12V on the yellow wire;
  • • check for switched ACC+12V on the red wire;
  • • and ensure that the Kenwood's black wire and body is tied to the common ground and not only to the harness ground line;
  • • check the speakers, speaker wires and speaker connections.

All others would be internal to the Kenwood.

Louie, Car Electronics Technician