Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation
1609972

I just installed a radio 15263106 into my Pontiac grand Prix

I just installed a radio 15263106 into my Pontiac grand Prix but I don't have volume
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I just bought it on E bay. It's a Delphi NAV Radio with a built date of 2/21/2007. GM Model 15263106. I'm installing it in my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just now installed it for the first time.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had the Theft Lock reset since it said THEFT Security LOCKED when I purchased it.

Either you do not have Factory AMP or the DATA is wrong from the 2004 to the 2007 / 2008 15263106
You can go backwards with DATA, but you cannot go forward.
GM Dealer should have told you prior to Programming TheftLocck
The BCM turns the Radio ON & needs specific DATA to turn the AMP ON
2004 is not compatible for DATA of 2007 / 2008
Not unusual, as we get this all the time with GM Trucks........Customer has 2006 & wants a 2008 or newer installed.....will not work

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there an alternative? Can I install an AMP or a newer computer or what?

U87 Amplifier was used in the 2007
To many things need to be known about the vehicle it was originally Programmed for
Did it have OnStar
Did it have the 6 speaker system
Did it have Satellite
etc.

As posted above, you can go forward 2007 & up, but you cannot go backwards 2006 & down, because the DATA has changed.
Just like new Computers, cell phones, etc.

It will cost you more to "try" to get it to work, than installing a decent Aftermarket Unit

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks. I'll just try to sell this radio.

I understand.........many times that is best, ***** ***** Components are a little harder to work with & there is very little info......

.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today.
Please reply and let me know why.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
..............................................................

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not the news I wanted to hear but very honest. I thank you for that. How can I ask more related questions?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This radio was removed from a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix just like mine. The previous owner told me that he had a radio installation shop do the installation and he came away with all features working well. He spent about $350.00. I have no reason to doubt him. What else can I do to get this radio to work fully? Do I need to install a GPS antenna once we have it working?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I install a monsoon amp will that help?

This radio was removed from a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix just like mine. The previous owner told me that he had a radio installation shop do the installation and he came away with all features working well.
???
.

IF you purchased & Installed the 15263106 into your "2004" Pontiac Grand Prix & took your Vehicle to GM Dealer & they PROGRAMMED the Unit, and it comes ON & ALL Functions work, EXCEPT Sound, then you are missing the Amplifier......
Dealer that Programmed should have told you that, as they can Test for AMP, Communication Module & Radio thru the GM Scan Tool.
Strange your seller did not supply the complete setup, that he had installed, as there could have been a Module or 2, that helped the Unit operate.
If your Unit is MONSOON, then you would need Monsoon AMP & Installation Harness
You will also need Navigation Antenna

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved..
.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Excellent work. I really do appreciate your trying to help me. Thank you. I will recommend your services to anyone who asks me.

THANK YOU
Thanks for using J/A