Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

Map will appear today and the next time I use the navigation…

Customer Question
Map will appear today...

Map will appear today and the next time I use the navigation system no map appears on the screen

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

It's in a 2015 Chrysler van

Mechanic's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

It happens when I SHUT THE VAN OFF.when I restart the van it's gone.

Mechanic's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?

No'except to tell you this .I am an amputee----one arm and I type slow I WOULD RATHER TALK TO SOMEONE --IT'S MORE EFFICENT

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
8/14/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Pete, Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This is a common issue.What causes this is a software fault.A dealer will perform a software update on this to resolve this issue.There is a bulletin that was released for this issue to have the software updated for various issues including the issue you see here.Below is a link to the info on this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qth7742bd3ab8yp/map-08-14.gif?dl=0

If your vehicle is still under warranty they will do this update at no charge to you.If it is out of warranty then it is usually about an hours or $100 charge to have them do this.In some cases when the update does not correct this fault the navigation display is at fault needing replaced.But most of the time this update corrects this issue.If you still want a call on this from me it is an additional service added to this here and we can do this just let me know if you still want this call.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mechanic