umdterp13
umdterp13, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Custom Installer / 12 Volt Tech
30812386

My car was fine yesterday. When I started it today I got a

Customer Question

My car was fine yesterday. When I started it today I got a reading "AUDIO OFF" I looked in the manual and it told me to put the reset key in the 1 or 2 position and press the "POWER" button. Didn't work. The MB mechanic said it might be an amplifier.What is a reset key? Is it the ignition key? What am I missing here?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 2007 C280 luxury model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Today. Nothing else other than pressing the power button when the engine is off or on.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Car is in perfect working order other than no audio
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Car Audio Rusty replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

Do you still need help with this?
Due to the nature of the problem, it may take a few tries back and forth before we finish the troubleshooting and fix the problem. If this fixes the problem, please rate 3-5 stars. If the below doesn't fix the problem, please reply, and I will return your response as soon as possible. Rating negatively does not instigate a refund, but you can always request one from me if your problem is already solved. This is the initial stage of troubleshooting your device. Please reply when you get this, with your findings of these first troubleshooting tips, to initiate live chat.

For battery operated electronics:
Disconnect from the charger, and remove the battery for one full minute. If you cannot remove the battery, turn the device off, then back on.

For plug in electronics:
Unplug the unit for 1 full minute. Make sure the software/firmware is up to date by going into your setup menu, and check for updates.

For car and marine electronics:
Remove the in line fuse to cut power to the unit. For car, you may need the pin to get your electronics running again. For Marine, if you want two brands to work together, they must have NMEI ports. If not, let me know both of the model numbers and I'll check compatibility.

Treadmills:
Unplug the treadmill for one minute. Check all of the wiring, and make sure the belt is not too tight. It should lift 3-4 inches off of the deck, and not slip when you walk on it.

I look forward to viewing your reply.

Sincerely,
Rusty the Tech
_________________________________________________________
** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

When we are finished, please don't forget to rate my service with you today with 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you. Rating does not close the question, and you can communicate with me at no extra charge.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 9 days ago.

Well, it looks like there is a pin hole by the right knob for a paper clip, you might try inserting one as the key they mentioned. Its a tool reference, probably why it didn't translate properly. That is probably the reset feature, they usually are on radio face plates. If not, the nature of electronics is they fail occasionally, basically becomes defective and usually needs a replacement in such circumstances.