ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a 2014 Ford Explorer, when I go to the AUX option,

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Ford Explorer, when I go to the AUX option, "Line In Active" is barely legible. Why is it like that? If I switch to the radio for a few minutes then go back to AUX.. it's legible again for a few minutes then goes back to how it was. See both attached photos for reference. I was thinking of going to the dealer but that will be expensive.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The scrambled text is likely due to a software corruption.

A software update should fix this problem.

You can get MyFord Touch updates from the Ford website and follow the instructions provided on the website to install the software:
https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/software-updates/get-the-latest-myford-touch-software-updates.html

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't believe my car has SYNC
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here's what the website says:

What is the model number of the system in your Explorer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't know, I have a 2014 Ford Explorer base model. I'll attach a photo of the vin #.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't see a model number anywhere on the radio. I did an eBay search on my parts and it might be part # DB5T-19C116-GB (another listing had EB5T-19C116-GA) or model # off the DVD/cd unit below the screen: PU-3889L-A. I would have to take apart everything to find out my numbers.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hey Pete you still there? My problem hasn't been solved