Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Need to understand eeprom dump files, toyota yaris 2005

Customer Question

need to understand eeprom dump files
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: toyota yaris 2005 model. i have immo dump, need to add new key. tools at hand are VVDI eeprom programmer and mini ND900 transponder programmer
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: algorithm
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have one working key and are just trying to add a new key this sounds like you need to perform procedure A here.I dont know for sure if your tools will work for this but here is the procedure that has to be done.

(a)Additional key code registration

Condition:

* At least one key codes must be registered in the transponder key ECU

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4256gynvue96e5x/r-05-10.gif?dl=0

HINT
* If the key is removed within 60 seconds in step 6, additional key code registration mode is cancelled.
* A brief outline of the procedures for key code registration is shown above. For more detailed information, please refer to the intelligent tester screens instructions.
* When the immobilizer system is operating normally and the key is pulled out, the security indicator blinks continuously.
* If the additional key code registration fails, code 2-1 is output by the security indicator. Trying to re-register a previously registered key causes code 2-2 to be output when the key is inserted. If the number of registered key codes exceeds the limit, code 2-3 is output by the security indicator. The output details are shown in procedure "B".

If this is not what you are looking for here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi am working on toyota Yaris 2005 model, all keys lost immo box part number 89300-52021 Toyota part number. A friend of mine is using similar tools to write to transponder chips but he wont tell me he says its a trade secret. so am quite certain the tools i have should work.I have already extracted immo dump file but now i need to know how to identify key data from the algorithm and use buffer editor to add new key. sorry .bin file wont attach to this threadHope this info will help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i must mention am dealing with a smart key, (push start)
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete