Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Am I being charged for this first off? Pioneer Avh-x490bs,

Customer Question

Hi, am I being charged for this first off?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Pioneer Avh-x490bs
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Mic input does not work. When I make a call, all the other party can hear is static
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much will his cost to fix? This
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this is a fault with the microphone itself in the unit.I have seen these fail several times before in the past with it needing replaced.Usually the radio needs to be removed and sent in for repair to have this replaced.It has to be sent in to a facility that can repair this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete