Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

Kenwood kvt636 DVD car stereo head unit no touch screen

Customer Question
Hey kenwood kvt636 DVD car...
Hey kenwood kvt636 DVD car stereo head unit no touch screen response
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Kenwood kvt 636
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ive replaced touch screen still same as old one.. I've only just bought car and was like it already
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
4/18/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Expert-Repair, Car Electronics Technician replied 7 months ago
Expert-Repair
Expert-Repair, Car Electronics Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

You stated you have replaced the touch screen and it is still the same problem as before, can you please elaborate? Did you replace the entire head unit or just the screen?

Thanks,

Joe

Hey joe yea just the touch screen that goes on front of lcd screen

And you are sure the contacts are good and not loose or not fully inserted?

If a new touch screen didn't fix the problem that that then goes to being a problem in the main unit such as the harness to the screen or connector it seats in or the main hardware unit itself. And unfortunately if not wiring related I'm not sure there's much more you could do at home without sending it in and the cost of parts could exceed the value of another used unit instead, that is unless you could find another used unit for parts.

On that same note it may be worth your while to just replace with a different model as well as these are known for touch screen issues. But that would be your call.

Thanks,

Joe

Expert-Repair
Expert-Repair