ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Smart start wont start the car, BMW X6 2011, Today i try to

Customer Question

Smart start wont start the car
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: BMW X6 2011
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Today i try to start the car from remote and nothing happend the parking lights flash 5 times
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont know
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I dont have a bmw spare key ,i only start the car from remote and from my iphone via an viper app
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Try bringing the key fob close to the steering column, it should be able to sense it and allow an engine start.

If that doesn't work then there is a fault with the car's ignition system and not the key fob.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I dont have a key fob ,it is connected to the viper alarm somewere under the pedals.I ussualy start the car from the viper remote smart start.When i tryed to start the car the red led was on on the remote as it was a fault and the parking lights flashed 5 times wich means foot brake is on and must be relised but my car is automatic so i dont know what to do.Any other sugestions.Tanks

Was the battery disconnected at all before these problems started?

Have you tried resetting the system using the valet switch?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The battery wasnt disconnected before,and i dont have a valet switch button ,please be more explicit when you ask questions.tanks