stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have a 2004 Honda Odyssey with a crime stopper 900 VII

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Honda Odyssey with a crime stopper 900 VII remote starter. Last week when I went to start the vehicle the parking lights started to flash and wouldn't stop until I went into the vehicle and turned the ignition switch. Now I get nothing when trying to use the remote, no flashing lights no nothing? I have tried to locate the safety switch for the hood and cannot find it or a programming button? I have changed the battery in the remote.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 9 months ago.

So, when first installed, were the parking lights intermittent when activated with the remote start feature?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
everything worked fine for 13 years. The parking lights would flash and once the vehicle started the parking lights would stay on. I've replaced the batteries and checked the fuses.
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 8 months ago.

well, after 13 years, there a lot of unlikely happening here. I've seen components got awry straight out of the box, to the point that the fallback response is inevitably they wear themselves out when that is obviously not the case. Technically, the remote start would engage if it had power regardless of programming features, and the ignition sequence is pretty straight forward. I'm guessing it is out of warranty however you can call the manufacturer and bypass the shop for installation reasons and once you get the run around I don't know how comfortable you are sending them the old unit. Not to say we couldn't go through this one step at a time, if we were I'd ask you to sit in the car, push the button, and see if you can distinguish the relays activating in the "brain" from any noise the vehicle would otherwise make on its own. And let me know how that goes for you... there should be an audible clicking sound and gentle pulse for that matter, of the unit functioning period for ignition purposes. And that is to figure for the lack of any professional diagnostic tools (i.e. voltmeter, or probe which I would advice against.)