Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

I'm working on Acura TSX 2006..I'm using idatalink ALCA...I

Customer Question
Hi I'm working on Acura...
Hi I'm working on Acura TSX 2006..I'm using idatalink ALCA...I have flash the unit with complete success. But when I go to program with the car and put it on data mode.. it will not program..I have check my data wire and it's correct according to type one install..but how come it seem like there's no data from the car..because the remote start try to start , but the anti thief is still on or it won't bypass...I hold the key next to the ignition and remote start and it work..
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car Electronics
11/6/2016
Car Electronics Technician: ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What is the status of the LED on the idatalink ALCA module?

If it is blinking then the module is not in programming mode.

Try pressing the button beside the LED to put it into programming mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Pete I have push it and hold on the first blink for data mode..and I put the key in to program it turn quick red then green ...after that its solid white

Does it stay white or does it go out?

Did you try pressing it before you put the key in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I press it befor the key in ...and after that the unit blink green then all lights out no lights after I turn the key off

Ok, let me check with the other techs on this...

Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

What was the ALCA Flashed to?
Or what is the Number on your "Guide Instructions"?
What Brand & Model Remote Start / Alarm are you installing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I flash it to Acura TSX 2006 and the program installed says firmware: DBI-AL(DL)-HA1 (1.6)
Hardware AL (64). And I'm installing Avital remote start and security combo model 5303..when I hold the key next to the ignition and use the remote from the avital its start right up.. the avital work just fine ..its just the idatalink mod seems like it's not taking the program when I turn the key to program it ..I have set the idatalink to data mode not hard wire mode.. hope this help your questions..thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also I use the idatalink instructions, using the type one installed guide
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Witch I connect the orange/black wire from idatalink mod to the red wire from the car for data (white harness) second one in (Red) wire at the ignition switch..hope this helps

Thanks
Be sure you have everything connected in "Type 1" Data 2 Data Instructions
Only connect wires for Data 2 Data
Use the DATA 4 PIN Plug & NOT the 4 PIN RED, BLACK, WHITE & BLUE / WHITE wires.
For D 2 D you have to use the DATA Harness that came with the ADS-ALCA
.
Do this:
Remove Ignition Key
Unplug the ALCA for "3" Minutes
Plug in ALL Plugs "EXCEPT" the 4 PIN D 2 D (data to data) Black Plug.
While push & holding the RESET Button down, Plug in the 4 PIN Plug.
WAIT for the LED to come On
The LED should be flashing One, One, One......
IF you are wiring D to D (data to data)
Press the Reset ONE time & the LED should be flashing Two times Two, Two .. .. ..
Press & Hold the Reset Button until LED is Solid Green
.
Insert Ignition Key
Turn Key to ON
WAIT, LED should turn Solid Green for "2" seconds
Module is Programmed
.
IF you are NOT using this Document Number found on the Right upper corner of the Install Instructions, let me know
Post the Document Number you are using
Doc. No.: ##29247## 20160808
.
DBI-AL(DL)-HA1 (1.6)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I see that my doc number is ***** from yours ..I have ##29250## 20160808..and you have #29247# ***** do you think I have the wrong doc? If so..can I have what you prefer .. thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have check you doc number the 29247 and the 29250 is the same wiring.. so I have to do what you said on the rest of the mod.. I try that first.

sorry for the delay

20160808..is correct

.

Be sure your Avital has a DATA 2 DATA Port
IF so, there may be a Data Harness for their Unit that plugs into the ADS-ALCA
DATA 2 DATA eliminates a lot of "hard wiring", but the Avital has to have a DATA Port for the ALCA to work, as that is where it gets it's Voltage & Ground also

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It dose have data to data port .and the idata link is getting power ...the green lights come on and blinking one..one..one and I press and hold to put it on data to data mode ..then I turn the key for two second then off..but then there's no light at all

You press & hold until the LED turns Solid Green
Release the Button
Insert Key

Turn Key to ON
Module is Programmed

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Witch in term its dose nothing for the remote start and locking and unlocking..like it's not program

IF the Lock & Unlock works, from the Module, the Remote Start should work if ALL wires are connected like the Instruction show
Does the LED flash or come on under Remote Start?
Does the Dash Lights or vehicle look like it is going to start?
Have you tried with the Hood & Doors closed?

.

Did you read this:

IMPORTANT
I Ground When Running from Remote Starter must be provided BEFORE Ignition. Failure to comply may result in immobilizer bypass malfunction during remote start.
II If Ground When Running from Remote Starter CAN’T be provided BEFORE Ignition, use a separate TB-HA for immobilizer bypass ONLY.
III - DO NOT program unlock before start on the Remote Starter. - DO NOT change Remote Starter OEM alarm control default settings. Failure to comply may result in product malfunction.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the locking and unlocking does not work at all..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's trying to start ..lights come on ..on the dash..it crank the car ... but it won't start..just cranking
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But idatalink no lights ..when remote start

thanks for the added info...........
IF it is cranking the Engine, but not Starting, then ALCA is NOT connected correctly.
IF the LED does NOT respond when you Program with the Key
>>Turn Key to ON
>>WAIT, LED should turn Solid Green for "2" seconds <<

Then there is NO DATA being sent to the ALCA to Program
Be sure you are using the ORANGE / BLACK wire connected to the WHITE wire PIN 2 of the 7 PIN connector at the Key
Be sure you are using a "MASTER Key" for Programming or it will NOT Program

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry Don.. but I don't see a White wire Pin 2 on the 7 pin connector..it is RED wire on the 7 pin connector
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have the master key..thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's what I think I have no data sent to the idatalink ..but the wiring detail says to wire on the 2nd pin of the 7pin connector..witch it is a (red) data wire at ignition

sorry......my mistake, as I am conversing with 3 different people
You are correct RED wire PIN 2 at the White 7 PIN Connector of the Ignition Switch
The RED wire is the DATA wire
There is only 4 things that can prevent Programming
No Voltage / Ground of the 4 PIN on the ALCA
No DATA from the Factory RED wire
Not using the Master Key
Wrong connections of the PINK, ORANGE / BLACK, WHITE / RED & WHITE / BLACK wires of the ALCA
Or the ALCA was not correctly flashed......

Be sure there is no settings of the Avital for Data 2 Data Port use

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's ok don..but I have check all the wiring and everything is where it's needs to be ..and the bypass module dose have power ..it just like the red wire is not giving data to the bypass module..I don't know what to do now

very sorry we could not get this done.........
Your best bet is to call TECH tomorrow, as I have installed IDataLink for years & their Support is very good (my opinion)
Be sure to be at the vehicle so he can walk you thru it

(###) ###-####ext. 2
Monday to Friday
8:30am - 8:30pm Eastern Time

.

Please let me know what you find

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks don

Thank you
let me know the outcome

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch