stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

Yesterday, purchased a Pioneer DEH-X6910BT, (for a boat with

Customer Question

yesterday, purchased a Pioneer DEH-X6910BT, (for a boat with two speakers, not four). Connected everything, and it comes on, and displays music playing, etc., but zero sound on FM or the cassette. Is it a stereo problem, or did I hook something up wrong? (the speakers worked yesterday on the old stereo). Do I return the stereo back to them ?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Pioneer DEH-X6910BT, purchased at Walmart yesterday.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just installed it yesterday, and have tested all the wiring between the stereo and the speakers, and they are fine, maybe something wrong with my set up ? I dont think so though.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont know what to do, and can not find a phone number to contact in the paperwork that came with the stereo.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you tried a RESET ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did try once , but will try again , not at home now, so it could be tomorrow before I can try it. Will be dark soon and the boat is in the water. Thanks
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

I understand.

Appreciate the post back and an update tomorrow or when able.