Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a 2008 toyota yaris and sometimes cd's will stop

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2008 toyota yaris and sometimes cd's will stop playing all of sudden and then become stuck. Why?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Its a yaris YR and ive had it for 6 years so far
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well, once a cd was stuck, i waited till the morning to eject it and i was able to
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Why and how does this happen?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I can not swear to this, but if you've had, and been using, the CD player for 6 years, it may have gotten just a trifle of dirt into the crucially delicate parts.

If there were a bit of dirt on the 'read lens' in the CD player, for instance, it might halt or stick as you describe.

I advise you to first of all, try a CD lens cleaning disc of this sort:

http://www.target.com/p/ge-laser-lens-disc/-/A-10690717?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=&adgroup=&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9007584&gclid=CI7ml-GD2c8CFZdbhgodNToJdg&gclsrc=aw.ds

or this sort for another example:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=510297&gclid=CPvEz96D2c8CFYEehgoda3gMRA&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677562%2C&Q=&A=details

Try a run or two with such a cleaning disc, using its instructions carefully, and you may find things greatly improved.

(If you don't, the CD player has worn out in some electronic or mechanical respects and would need replacement or servicing.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.