Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

Im looking to repair my Kenwood Car Stereo. What are my

Customer Question
options? Im in Jersey City...
Im looking to repair my Kenwood Car Stereo. What are my options? Im in Jersey City, NJ.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 2012 kenwood dnx 6990. it has navigation.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The stereo just died one day. I took it to the installer and they confirmed that it was not receiving any power and offered to sell me another. Meanwhile I paid 900 for a stereo that only lasted 3 and half years.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had it removed and is it worth repairing at this point
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car Electronics
10/13/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the DNX series Kenwood device only has a power problem, then it might be easily solved, compared to some sorts of repairs.

In that region, there are these:

Kenwood Hybrid Repair Service

Newport, NJ

Phone(###) ###-####/p>

(this might be a repairer of Hybrid vehicles not Kenwood devices.)

This is likeliest to be able to help you:

Kenwood Service Center New Jersey  

Address:*****#102,

Denville, NJ 07834

Phone: (###) ###-####/p>

Ask for an estimate on the repair cost, once you have gotten in touch with the service center by phone. That will allow you to estimate whether it is really worth it, compared to buying another.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The first option is a repairer of hybrid vehicles as stated. The second option is no longer an option. The number is *****

That's bad news!

I'm sorry to hear that. I am immediately looking up further listings. Thanks for your patience meanwhile...

These are listed as near your location:

Electra-Craft, Inc

*****br />Bergenfield, NJ 07621
New Jersey
United States

Email: *****@******.***

Telephone: ***-***-****

Fax: ***-***-****

and

Crossbay Appliance Service Inc.

158-34 Cross Bay Blvd
Howard Beach
New York
11414
United States

Email: *****@******.***

Telephone: ***-***-****

and

Turnpike Appliance

3495A Lawson Blvd
Oceanside
11572
United States

Email: *****@******.***

Telephone: ***-***-****

and

Turnpike Appliance OF Suffolk Inc.

1253 Sunrise Highway
Bay Share
11706
United States

Email: *****@******.***

Telephone: ***-***-****

I hope that one of these can help, and can give you a good reliable estimate on repair costs (which estimates can vary among various repairers, and depending upon the problem... there is no 'exact standard price', otherwise I would quote it to you myself.)

Let me know if there's any problem or if, somehow, none of these can help. There are others, farther away, that are listed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im not happy with this service. At some point while waiting I received a message saying a remaing 11 dollars will be paid. I thought this was 5 dollars. I received half ass answers from jump. I am requesting a refund.

I have passed your refund request on to Customer Service.

I have no idea why additional charges were mentioned... perhaps it was accompanying an offer of additional services? at a guess.

I have no power myself, over charges, billing, no access to your credit information.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Russell H., Service Tech