Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

I have an Alpine Mobile Multimedia Station #IVA-D310 that's

Customer Question
in a 1994 Chevy 3/4...
I have an Alpine Mobile Multimedia Station #IVA-D310 that's in a 1994 Chevy 3/4 ton van. It has a DVD stuck in it and doesn't eject. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car Electronics
10/6/2016
Car Electronics Technician: ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Turn the entire system and ignition off. Then press and hold the EJECT button on the multimedia station whilst turning on the ignition and then turning the system on.

Let me know if that forces the stuck disc out?

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your answer did not work. I've tried it several times. On page 327 chevy truck owner's manual states not to use compact mini-discs (sometimes called singles). They won't eject from the player. We can't see it to verify that that is what happened, but if that is the case, do you have a remedy?

If that is the case then the only remedy is to first try to fish it out if you can insert some hooked wire; or if that doesn't work then you will need to disassemble the system to retrieve the stuck disc.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sir, I had that thought in the beginning, however, would the two screws holding the alpine in place be a starting place to disassemble? or is there more to it?

To remove the system from the dashboard, you can follow the installation guide in reverse order:

http://www.manuals365.com/swf/alpine/om_iva-d310_en.html?page=75

ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer