Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

8/1/2016
Car Electronics Technician: ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Arthur,

To unlock the KVT-514:

1) Turn on the car.
2) The faceplate rotates out and the CODE - - - - prompt appears.
3) Press Auto keys and >>| simultaneously on the faceplate and hold for 4 seconds. (If the faceplate rotates back into the console push on the upper left top edge of the faceplate and it will flip back around. Press the Eject button and then try it again.)
4) The screen will still say CODE, but the - - - - will disappear! When this happens press the 5 key on the remote twice and it enters a K on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
5) Press the 2 key on the remote three times and it enters a C on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
6) Press the 2 key on the remote once and it enters an A on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
7) Press the 7 key on the remote twice and it enters an R on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
8) The radio should go into All Off mode and you are set! Hit the SRC button on the faceplate to select CD, Radio, etc.
If this code does not work then you have to contact an authorized kenwood dealer or call 1800-KENWOOD.
Let me know how you make out.

Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What if I don't have the remote

If you don't have the remote then you would need to obtain a replacement one.

You can get one from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KENWOOD-KVT-514-KVT514-GENUINE-RC-DV340-REMOTE-PAY-TODAY-SHIPS-TODAY-/151136720659

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?

ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer