ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I just brought a used 1985 chev corvette from a used car

Customer Question

I just brought a used 1985 chev corvette from a used car lot. I found a viper remote in the glove box, I called the car lot back and asked them if the car had a viper alarm they said they think so but the remote was broken is there some where I can look to see if there is a viper in the car before I buy a new remote.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Fred

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can check if there is a Viper alarm installed by checking under the hood, however if it has been disabled then it may have been for a reason - perhaps it was faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the answer you gave me was a joke.where under the hood should i look.

The entire area will need to be checked - there is no standard location for the alarm system.

The easiest way to check is by looking for the alarm sounder and following the wiring back.