stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

How do I reset my Kenwood ddx514

Customer Question

How do I reset my Kenwood ddx514
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the Kenwood stereo still operational? what condition is it in, and what shows on it?

Some resets will require that it be fully operational, is why I have to ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just connected it in my car but the guy I bought it from never gave me the code it's showing a screen with numbers asking for a code set
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. That is bad news.

An activation code for a car radio or car stereo etc., is an anti-theft feature. When the device is removed from the car, the battery power is interrupted to it, and this activates the anti-theft feature. The entering of an obscure code is required before one may use the radio or stereo etc. again.

Sometimes this anti-theft feature is activated when no theft is involved, for instance:

- when a car stereo is sold, after being taken out of a car, by its legitimate owner.

- when a car's battery has been disconnected for servicing of various sorts or in the event of car battery failure.

The code is very hard to 'generate' or hard to find. It would not be an effective anti-theft deterrent otherwise. I have not the means to generate the code for you (though I believe it is generated from the serial # ***** the device and according to the maker and model.)

I have no useful advice for this. Contact the seller? hopefully not a fence. Or send the device to Kenwood's nearest factory center, to have them generate and enter the code - at a price.