stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

Sunday, my ipod worked fine in the car (toyota sienna).

Customer Question

Sunday, my ipod worked fine in the car (toyota sienna). Monday, I get the "ipod authorization failed" message. My iphone 4 works fine, however, so it's not the cable connection.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Ipod classic 120 gig; toyota sienna 2013 xlw
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried resetting the ipod; turning it off and then on, plugged in, or not plugged in; turning the car off and then on, with the ipod plugged in or not plugged. Nothing is working, except the old iPhone 4 works just fine.
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Car Electronic Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Just to check, your car stereo is giving the message? Or you get the message on the screen of the iPod?