How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask stereoaz Your Own Question
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Category: Car Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 113
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
Type Your Car Electronics Question Here...
stereoaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Kenwood krc 2000a am/fm/cassette car stereo. It is

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood krc 2000a am/fm/cassette car stereo. It is cabled to an alpine 3311 equalizer through an 8 pin din cable. I lost a channel and suspect either the din cable adapted to the alpine eq or the kenwood stereo. What would the pinout be for the cable to connect the two units? This cable was custom made twenty years ago and it looks as if a conductor or two have broken at the pin.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Don and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, would an electronic copy of the pinout for the Alpine 3311 serve your need please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie, I need the pinouts for both the Kenwood Krc2000a and the Alpine 3311....specifically I need to know which pins to connect on each end. The cable is 4 conducter shielded with and additional 2 conductors shielded separately (single conductor with shield X2) the shields of these are joined and connected to one pin, I would assume left and right negative.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, no schematics for the Kenwood KRC-2000a only for the pinout of the Alpine 3311.

Additionally, since it was "...custom made...", the tech could have to tap the IN/OUT solder points of the Kenwood either at the volume control's center pin or the input coupling capacitor of the AMP IC or anywhere else interrupting the audio signal flow.

Perhaps a second opinion / alternate approach by another member is preferred.

Would you like me to re-open the question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I'll have to track it down. I know the only mod was the cable. Nothing on the units. I assume since my question is unanswered I will be refunded my $16? Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

On the "...refunded my $16?..." and other billing & payment concerns, contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions. Please click HERE or go to

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** good evening
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.