stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have a Kenwood DNX 5120 radio in a 2003 Ford F150. Was working

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood DNX 5120 radio in a 2003 Ford F150. Was working fine until I disconnected the battery to clean cables. I have never had to use a code as the system was in the truck when purchased and worked fine. The screen says "code set" in the upper left screen and a key pad with red box around number 1 is barely visible. I can press numbers and enter is displayed but no code reset or anything occurs. I have seen codes KCAR 3051 5227 and 1234 suggested. No success. I purchased a remote as that was suggested. It has produced no affect. Now what?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Thomas Tullo replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** can't be better help and get it going but the only way to get it going is to have the code the user put in it or to send it off to kenwood and they can reset it with no code. and as long as you don't turn that function on it will never need a code.