Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a 1985 Grand Wagoneer that we installed an Ungo system so we could remote start it

Customer Question

I have a 1985 Grand Wagoneer that we installed an Ungo system so we could remote start it during ski trips. car battery went dead, as it is not a daily driver it took a month or so to get around to installing a new one.
Now the vehicle will not start from the key. I can jump the starter solenoid and it stars fine. also will not remote start.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think you will have to set up the Ungo system from scratch, from the beginning, owing to the battery failure. The battery voltage being removed from it for a month, most probably resulted in its being reset back to factory values, which are not workable, or some such.