Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Have a 520 c wont come on need to have repaired who how t

Customer Question

have a 520 c wont come on need to have repaired who how thanx
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The battery may have gone dead in it, if it is over 1 1/2 years old (roughly) and if the battery was original.Have you checked, or replaced, the battery in it yet? Garmin will, of course, repair anything of theirs that is within warranty (well-treated enough, but within a year of its original purchase date), free of charge.For out-of-warranty repair, the charges are fixed-rate, and for a Garmin Edge 520c, the fixed-rate charge is$99.00so you might be the one to try the battery, at a rather lesser cost.(Cite: http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html ) If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck... as further queries if you need more information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my unit is a lowrance not a garman it is not the batt unit was acting up can I fix myself are parts avalible or do u know who works on em
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for clarifying your question. You are asking about a Lowrance LMS-520c Sonar/GPS Chartplotter. What zip code are you in, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
29805 aiken south carolina
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. Here are the closest authorized to deal with Lowrance repairs - they're in the Augusta Georgia area: Dicks Sporting Goods3450 Wrightsboro RdAugusta, GA 30909Telephone:(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-####West Marine592 Bobby Jones ExpwyAugusta, GA 30907Telephone:(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-####Dicks Sporting Goods1110 Bower ParkwayColumbia, SC 29212Telephone:(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-####Sportsmans Warehouse476 Piney Grove RdColumbia, SC 29210Telephone:(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-#### ***** of these ought to be able to help you. Let me know if not, and there are other listings, in the Columbia area for instance. If this answers your question fully enough, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanx got me started
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I hope so. Please rate my answer.