Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

My hardware buttons do not light up on my avic z150bh

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car Electronics
4/18/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Pioneer Avic?Also when did this seem to fail in this way, and does it still operate normally except for lights out?Thank youTech Michael
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi. My radio is 2 1/2 yrs old. Everything works fine. This problem happened 3 months ago. At one point it came back on then went out again.
Thanks for that information.Yes this is a known issue with this model.The trouble is caused by a defective electrolytic capacitor thats why it will sometimes work intermittently.Unfortunately this one requires service to fix this issue, but it is well worth the cost as the part is really inexpensive.You can take that to any local car audio shop for this fix, and Sears also will take this one in and send it out for this repair, it takes about two weeks through them.I wish I had better news for you , I really do.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician