Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

We have a dnx890hd that the navigation will not display maps

Customer Question

We have a dnx890hd that the navigation will not display maps or give driving instructions or play a cd anymore. I updated firmware to 1.10.0
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
The first thing I would suggest doing is a reset of the head unit. To do the reset, you will find a reset button in the corner of the unit. Use a pen or something similar to press and hold that button for 10 seconds to do the reset. If that doesn't work, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have reset the Head Unit multiple times with no change. The Navigation screen comes up white with some faint lettering in the background but will not display a map
Was the problem there before the firmware update, or only after?