Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation
1609972

How can I install Kenwood DPX502BT receiver in the dash of

Customer Question

How can I install Kenwood DPX502BT receiver in the dash of 2008 F-150?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Don - Mo Lurch replied 1 year ago.
What Model F-150?you will need a "Double DIN Install Kit" like METRA 95-5812 to mount the UnitThe 70-5521 is "color for color" wiring of the Kenwood, just be sure to insulate (tape) each connectionThe only hard part is removing the Dash & Factory Radio, unless you have Steering Wheel Control & other equipmentLet me know if you need further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have standard cab F-150. Wiring for stock radio is modular connector. I feeling that I wasted my money on this radio. Removing cover on dash is the easy part. Modular plug from the truck plugged into that stock radio.....issue that I am facing....I thought it would be simple install . I thought radio installation improved since the 90's last time I installed new radio...it is more headaches. Tap each connection? Can you be more specific?
The 70-5521 is for "Amplified Systems"The Kenwood Harness would be "color for color" wires that connect to the 70-5521Then plug the 70-5521 into the Factory HarnessI posted to "TAPE" each connection, not "tap"Each color wire of the 70-5521 will connect to each same color wire of the Kenwood Harness that came with the KenwoodIF you look at the 70-5521, it has YELLOW, RED, BLACK, WHITE, WHITE / stripe, GRAY, GRAY / stripe, etc.Look at Kenwood Harness that came with the Kenwood, it has the "same colors"Connect each wire "color for color"You would "tape" each connection
did you need more help on this?please respond
are you going to rate my answer?please respond