Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Mymodlekdc152 is stuck on protect code and wont change. what…

Customer Question
mymodlekdc152 is stuck on protect...
mymodlekdc152 is stuck on protect code and wont change. what can I do/
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
3/22/2016
Car Electronics Technician: ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Hello

'Protect Mode' usually means that there is a fault with the speakers, speaker wiring, or an internal defect.

Pull the unit from the dash and disconnect all of the speaker wires. Then turn it on and see if the "Protect" message displays. If it does, the stereo has an internal defect and will need to be serviced.

Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?

Don't forget to rate my help, it is how the site rewards me for my time...

Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?