Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

I have a Viper starting system installed on my 07 Suzuki

Customer Question
Hello, I have a Viper...
Hello, I have a Viper starting system installed on my 07 Suzuki Forenza. I lost one of the fobs. On the back of my fob it states 474A 2/66. There is a small toggle switch at the bottom of the dash to shut off the system when working on the car. Is there a valet button (can't find it), or is the toggle switch used as a valet button. I bought this car with the remote start installed already.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car Electronics
3/20/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

Remote 474A 2/66 is used on a number of different Remote Start / Alarms
To give you correct info, I would need the Model Number from the Main Unit, located under the Driver Dash.
Some Vipers have the Valet Switch on the Antenna typically located on the Windshield
Some Vipers have the Valet Switch located under the dash
Some Vipers use a Push Button & some use a Toggle Switch
Some Vipers use the Remote for Valet
Usually the way to put Unit into Valet is to Press the Button until the LED Stays ON or goes OFF
But it depends on the Model Number

Locate the Main Unit & let me know the Model Number

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It states on a black box AM6
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It states on a black box AM6 -- Part #8912257750

Does it show "VIPER" or DEI on the box?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It says Auto Mate in the center of the black box

???

.

You posted that you have a "Viper Remote Start?
Are you sure?
Auto Mate is a Brand for Keyless Entry & / or Remote Start & the Remote looks similar

.
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/automate/9210210_Automate_AM2_OK-7G_to_current_Owners_Guide.pdf

.

Auto Mate & Viper are both made by D.E.I.
That is a Auto Mate Remote......NOT Viper

I posted the Auto Mate instructions
Please have a look for "VALET" procedures & locate the Switch to proceed

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was told that is is a Viper. Where is the posting?

click on LINK I posted above
.
Viper Remotes have VIPER on them
Auto Mate Remotes have AUTO MATE on them

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It say that I have a button.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where and how do I end this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello

sorry...........I have given you as much info as possible & you would be better to have a Local Car Electronics Shop have a look, because it can be a little difficult if you have never seen or worked on Car Electronics

good luck

Car Electronics Technician: Thomas Tullo, Car Electronics Technician replied 1 year ago
Thomas Tullo
Thomas Tullo, Car Electronics Technician
Hi my name is***** you still have any questions?
Thomas Tullo
Thomas Tullo