Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

I updated my pioneer avh-p4400bh and now bluetooth is all

Customer Question
grayed out. There is...
I updated my pioneer avh-p4400bh and now bluetooth is all grayed out. There is an error-10 and bluetooth functions are grayed out. Is there a fix for this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car Electronics
3/14/2016
Car Electronics Technician: ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Elmer,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't pay $21.00 just to get a "HI" answer from a tech. Is this some kind of a freaking joke? If it is, it is not fun.

Sorry for the delay, my earlier response appears to have not gone through.

Error-10 indicates a problem with the bluetooth firmware update or setup.

To fix this, turn the car off and wait about 30 seconds. Then turn the car back on. Clear the bluetooth memory. Press Source so the audio is back on. Press the Phone icon and select Settings. Now try searching for your phone and adding it to the system again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried that without success. Thanks.

If that didn't work then you can try installing the firmware update again.

If it still doesn't work, then the unit will need to be returned to a Pioneer service center to have the firmware reinstalled using their specialist equipment.

ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer