Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Silverado with boss and I bout all the right…

Customer Question
Hello I have a 2008...
Hello I have a 2008 Silverado with boss and I bout all the right adapters and still no sound or anything please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
I'm only getting static sound our front right speaker when I hook my factory up its works fine please help
3/6/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

please post ALL info you can, as we cannot see your vehicle or Install
Boss?........what Model Number?
Adapters?...........Brand & Model Numbers?
Has the Boss worked prior?
What was installed prior to the Boss?

.

I'm so sorry I didn't mean boss. My truck base Bose. The stereo is planet audio I bought it off anyone it comes on I can here and we the timer going so I know it's working. I'm only getting sound stic sound out the passenger front speaker. I have a gmos-LAn 2 wire adopter that's supposed to work the the Bose system

as posted above......Please post ALL info you can
That is why I asked for Brands & Model Numbers

.

what do you have the BLUE or BLUE / WHITE wire of the Planet Audio connected to?

The blue wire is connected to the other blue and white wire.Planet audio PI9760Axxess gmos-lan 2 (wiring harness)
All the speaker wires are connected right
all wires are connect as supposed

do you have a Volt Meter or Test Light?

I do not I can get one tomorrow what should I check

BLUE or BLUE / WHITE wire with Key & Unit ON.................

if it comes back positive

What Model Silverado?
1500, 2500, 3500 ?

2008 1500LTZ

Test the wires I have posted
IF your Truck has OnStar (regardless if you use it or not), be sure you have followed the Volume Adjustments in the Installation Manual for the OnStar
IF you DO NOT have OnStar, then you may need another Interface.
IF there is Voltage + on the YELLOW, RED wires & NO Voltage + on the BLUE or BLUE / WHITE wire, then the is bad or the connection is bad
IF ALL Connections Test good, then the Interface is wrong or bad
You can try an old speaker connected to each Speaker Output of the NEW Unit (one at a time) to be sure the Unit is not bad

Let me know what you find

Yeah my onstar plays fine I tried it

let me know what you find on the other wires
Also, complete a RESET:

Disconnect the Ground at the Battery
Disconnect the Interface
Wait apprx 1 minute
Reconnect the Interface
Reconnect the Ground at the Battery

Turn Ignition Switch ON for apprx 30 seconds
Turn Key OFF, then ON
Adjust Chime Level & OnStar
IF still NO Sound, then it is best to contact METRA 1.***-***-**** Tech Service #3, as I cannot see your vehicle & there are apprx 8 different Interfaces
Be sure to have as much info about your vehicle & new radio
.

You did not post IF the Unit prior to this install worked
IF NOT, then the Factory AMP is probably bad (typical)

.

The factory stereo work fined I posted that right after I posted the question I've done everything twice I'll try to Greg a new wiring harness
Would you happen to know what a non digital amplifier is?

thanks.............you can read ALL that you & I have posted & I do not see anything about previous unit
Please understand that the Interface acts as DATA between the New Radio & the BCM (body control module) of the vehicle.
The Interface has to communicate with the BCM to turn on the AMP, Radio & provide the Door Chime & OnStar
IF the Interface is NOT Communicating, then the Radio will not allow the Bose System to operate
.

Digital AMP (Class D Amp) allows the audio signal to remain in its true digital form, from the beginning of the audio signal until it is reproduced at the Speakers.

Thanks you

.

IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch