Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

How can I change the region setting on a Jensen vx3012 car…

Customer Question
Hi there how can I...
Hi there how can I change the region setting on a Jensen vx3012 car DVD player to region 4 or multi region ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
3/5/2016
Car Electronics Technician: ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Glen,

These DVD players will often allow you to change the region codes just by putting a different region DVD in and playing, however they only allow this to occur a certain number of times before locking on to one region. Then they cannot be changed to any other region. If this is the case with your own DVD player then unfortunately there is no way to change it.

It's a Jensen vx3012 car DVD player it has only played region 1 since I brought it new I've only played footy DVDs in it and they are region free ?
I'm in Australia

So it will not play region-free DVDs either?

Will it still play region 1 DVDs ok?

It will play region free DVDs like AFL football DVDs it won't play region 4 as I'm in Australia and DVDs here are region 4 I don't have any region 1 DVDs I was told any Jensen car DVD players can have their region changed ?

They can have their region set for whatever region you are in when you play the first few DVDs in it.

Once it is set for your region, there is no way around this except returning it to the factory.

This isn't costing me 60 od dollars for each email is it ?
But if it's new in the box when I got it delivered and the first DVD I tried to play was region 4 and it didn't play it so I put in a region free football DVD so shouldn't it be region free then
Do you know what unit I'm talking about ?
Is this costing me each time I reply to your emails

No, there is only one charge for this question page.

I know the unit you are talking about - it is a recent model, and no-one has yet developed a hack to get around the region lock once it locks in place.

Where did you order it from?

Off the internet it was a birthday present

Ok, if it was imported then that may explain why it is not working as it should. It really depends what website it was bought from.

I'll have a look and get back to you is that ok ?
As it is 12midnight here can I email you tomorrow or will that cost me again ?

Yes, you can reply back here any time for no additional charge for as long as you need to (as long as you do not start a new question thread for a new problem).