Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Where can i go to have someone look at my radio it is a

Customer Question
ddx372bt and preowned i am...
Where can i go to have someone look at my radio it is a ddx372bt and preowned i am trying to xm radio and they ask for the radio id . I tried to tune to channel 0.1.2 however when i click on the xm radio the buttons wont lite up like i can click on them (i tried) and says "sxm check tuner" i also tried through the system info and i got a serial number that i tried using but it did not work
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
3/3/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The radio ID is to be found by tuning to Channel 0. If the buttons that select Channel 0 are disabled when the Sirius tuner is connected, then look for the radio ID on the packaging for the Sirius XM tuner, or on the Sirius XM tuner itself.

I dont have the original box because it was in the car when we bought it , i have spent hours trying to find the id , and i cant pull the radio out to look for the id on the back, again " Where can I go to have them look at and fix the radio"! That is my question if i wanted to know about the tune to channel 0 or pull it out and look at the back for the id i wouldnt be willing to pay 16 dollers for a name .

You may possibly have no recourse if both the Channel 0 select won't work, and the original ID is gone.

Sometimes used equipment or scavenged equipment (for cars esp.) is like that: of not much usefulness.

But: try switching modes on the radio. Then, for each mode, try once to see if the button for Channel 0 is available and usable. If it *never* ever becomes usable, the radio is trash and should be either repaired or recycled.