Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I am fitting a 1000w Kenwood mono amp in a 2015 Lancer

Customer Question
Hi I am fitting a...
Hi I am fitting a 1000w Kenwood mono amp in a 2015 Lancer Evolution Final Edition, can I splice directly into the rear speakers as doing it this way it turns the amp on and off via signal sensing. They didn't manufacture the car with a rockford system, just the 6.1 touchscreen radio which Im happy about cos the Rockford head unit is RUBBISH!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
Can you email answer to***@******.*** as this website is trying to tell me its attached to another account???
its my bloody email address, how can it be attached to someone else?
2/27/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If not, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've provided. You can always reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll be happy to continue helping.

Are you referring to the input of the amp? You would wire the pre-outs into the amp. You can connect two subs either in parallel or serial, depending on the impedance of the individual speakers. If you do them in series, you are multiplying the impedance. If you wire them in parallel, then the impedance is the same as each speaker.