Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

This box dropped out from under the dash of my Camry. It was…

Customer Question
This box dropped out from...
This box dropped out from under the dash of my Camry. It was a Crimestopper RS900. I had no idea what it was. All the wiring is still attached and intact, but I can't find where it might have been mounted or how. There are tabs with holes for mounting screws, but I can't see anywhere that it might have been bolted in. Should I just shove back up under the dash somewhere?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
2/25/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
Always post the Year, Make & Model of vehicle.........
IF the wiring is all intact, then it may have never been connected or was connected & previous owner disconnected
Depending on vehicle, remove the Lower Panel & see if there is more of the wire harness up there or see if the Crimestopper RS900 has been connected.
I can supplu you with the Install Manual if you need.
Make sure you post the exact Model Number as Crimestopper had apprx 10 RS 900's that had roman numerals after the 900

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

2003 Toyota Camry. It seems to be connected, but there are no start buttons on the remote. I knew the previous owner, who bought the car new, and I don't think he ever used a remote starter––in fact I'm quite sure he would have showed it off if he knew it was there! I'm wondering if the dealer installed it and never told him! At any rate, it's never affected the performance of the car. For now I just tucked the box up under the dash. I may just secure it with a tie wrap to keep it from dropping down again. Think that will do the job? THANKS!!!
PS...There is a red push button wired to the outside of the box. I imagine that's a bypass starter or test switch? Anyway––pressed it and nothing happened. I'm thinking the unit is not functional.

Is there any other letters or numbers after the "900" ?

No.

did you want me to post the Operator & Installation Manuals?

Sure!

Here are the Links to the Install & Owners Manuals
They are .pdf files
You will need something like Adobe to read

Install:
http://www.crimestopper.com/cstech/library/discontinued/rs900_1_ins.pdf

.

Owners:
http://www.crimestopper.com/cstech/library/discontinued/rs900_1_ops.pdf

.

.
.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch